Interface Biosciences is a platform therapeutics company leveraging the microbiome to treat inflammatory disease. We are driven by the conviction that microbial products will define the future of therapeutics and how we study human health and medicine. Given the previous technological limitations of high throughput culturing and metabolomics for human derived microbes, the chemical space remains largely untapped with enormous potential. The pipeline Interface Bio is built upon alleviates this bottleneck and specializes in three key components: 1) culturomics for growing microbial isolates and small communities, 2) metabolomics of microbial supernatants to create feature sets of microbial natural products, and 3) systems immunology to screen for disease-relevant pharmaceutical scaffolds.
We are seeking a highly motivated, innovative, and collaborative Lead Immunologist to join our Palo Alto based team and build out the immune screens of our drug discovery pipeline. As part of a small, collaborative company, you will work elbow-to-elbow with the founders to develop and execute in vitro immune assays and high-throughput drug screens. Through this role, your impact will be absolutely critical in defining the culture and scientific trajectory of our early-stage biotech startup. This role offers firsthand experience of being part of the founding team and enormous opportunity to grow as a scientist. Every member of our team must have an attitude that is self-motivated and results-driven, an ability to thrive in dynamic and fast-paced environments, and a deep love for the microbiome and biotech innovation.
Skills and experience
- Experience creating reporter cell lines, working with sterile culture technique, and handling primary and transformed mammalian cells.
- Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry, ELISAs, and high throughput assays using luminescence, fluorescence or UV-Visible absorbance.
- Data analysis for immune gating using tools such as FlowJo.
- Competence with Python or R a plus.
- Excellent communication skills to relay results, ideas, and process to our team in an accurate and efficient manner
- Demonstrated growth mindset and internally driven initiative to meet deadlines, optimize high-throughput work flows, and grow a new company.
- A PhD or postdoc in immunology, genetics, or other related field with 0-3 years of relevant experience, M.S. with 8+ years relevant experience, or B.S. with 10+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in pharmaceutical drug development a huge plus.
For more information, please email email@example.com with a resume/CV and cover letter. Interface Biosciences is committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds to create an ecosystem of innovation that is rich in creativity, discovery, and world-class science. We are an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.